St. George October Update 2020
We sat down with David Cordero, Communications and Marketing Director for the City of St. George to discuss current events in the City of St. George.
Here are the topics we discussed:
- Litter. Love Where You Live, a new 501 c(3) non-profit organization is teaming up with the City of St. George and Washington County to help facilitate manpower and resources to help keep our City and County clean.
- Masks at City Hall – All City offices require masks. If you are unwilling to wear one, please consider trying to conduct your business electronically through sgcity.org or over the phone.
- Good news and events – Despite no marathon and no Senior Games the tourism economy is completely back. Tourism is strong, visitation from California and Nevada is amazing. Attendance at State and National Parks were much higher year over year for July and August.
- Spin scooter ridership is off the charts, heavily DSU students. Tourists and families along trails. 250 deployed now, could expand to 400 if demand and manpower for that.
- Trail usage is incredible, lots of people riding bikes, in addition to walking and running and scootering. According to local bike shops, e-bikes account for more than 50 percent of new bike purchases. Etiquette on trails.
- Record-setting golf – Golf is on par – see the pun – for a record-setting year. Red Hills, Southgate, St. George Golf Club and Sunb rook tee times are at a premium.
- Events – Snow Canyon Half – IRONMAN 70.3 and worlds in 2021
- Economy – Small Business Grant
- Projects – Wastewater treatment plant & Underpass under the freeway near South Bluff for pedestrians and cyclists